Excuse me, can you spare $13,300?
Can your family of four afford $13,300 in taxes for the new health care system?
Quoting from the New York Times article: ”$1 trillion health care overhaul” and “coverage for about 95 percent of Americans”
Let’s do some math.
Current situation (BEFORE):
- There are about 300 million Americans and and about 45 million are uninsured.
- That means about 15% are uninsured and 85% are insured.
Proposed situation (AFTER):
- Coverage for 95% of Americans means an additional 10% will be insured.
- Ten percent of 300 million is 30,000,000 Americans.
- Cost of the new program is $1 trillion.
- Dividing $1T by 30M people is over $33,000 per additional person insured.
- Prefer a smaller number? $1T divided by 300M Americans is more than $3,300 per person!
- A family of four would cost the “government” $13,300.
YOU pay for government programs. Can your family afford $13,300 for a new health care system?