I Want to Help
Be a part of the most important lawsuit in the country right now. We are asking the District Court of Washington DC, “Do we have the constitutional right to choose our health insurance after signing up for Social Security?” We have drawn a line in the sand.
That’s right, we are asking, In a Free Country, Who Decides? The Fund for Personal Liberty wants to establish that you make the final decision on who provides your medical insurance during your retirement. We are underwriting the Medicare Lawsuit arguing that retirees should be able to opt-out of Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) without forgoing their Social Security benefits.
The Medicare Lawsuit has received extensive media coverage including the outlets listed above.
Would you help us fight in court rather than have to withdraw due to lack of funds? I want to donate NOW
In a nutshell we have the following:
- A lawsuit arguing a constitutional right to privately contract for health insurance after starting to draw on Social Security benefits.
- An attorney who lives and breaths the constitution and has pled our case since October.
- A David vs. Goliath situation that did not go unnoticed by the most recent judge.
Those are the plusses. On the other side of the balance sheet we have:
- A government with “infinite” resources to fight against your freedom.
- Short term expenses ranging from $30K – $80K and the potential for expenses ranging from $300K – $700K should this be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court.
Surprisingly, we need small donations as much as we need large donations. But please don’t hold back knowing this. Fighting the jumbo bureaucracy known as the US Department of Health and Human Services is not for the faint-hearted.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Martha de Forest
P.S. During our first fiscal year ending May 31, 2009, 93.0% of spending was for the Medicare Lawsuit and 7.0% was for administration and fundraising combined. Thank you again for helping us litigate for your health freedom.